1. Terms: Net. An invoice will be sent after the event has taken place.
2. A cancellation charged will be made of half the cost of accommodation if the booking is cancelled less than 28 days beforehand. If cancelled within 14 days, full accommodation charge will apply. All cancellations must be advised in writing. Cancellation fees will not be charged if an immediate rebooking of the same room is made.
3. The BMI reserves the right to cancel a booking without notice. Compensation will be limited to the cancellation charges detailed in Condition 2.
4. In addition to hire charges, the BMI reserves the right to charge for staff overtime, at the rate applicable at the time of the event, for any event which necessitates the working of overtime.
5. The Institute does not accept bookings for public meetings from religious or political organisations.
6. The hirer is responsible for supplying door-keepers and for the sale of tickets and programmes.
7. The hirer is responsible for the good behaviour of all patrons attending their event.
8. In the interests of health and safety, children attending events must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.
9. The cost of repairing any damage caused by patrons will be charged to the hirer.
10. Charges will be rivised on 1st July each year. The charges shall be those which prevail at the time of the function.
11. Where a hirer requires the booked room(s) prior to the booking for setting up (but not for trading), that setting up time will be charged at 50% of normal rate.
12. The Institute reserves the right to take a deposit from new customers.
13. Performing Rights Society License fees charged as applicable on day of performance.
14. Concessions on room hire charges are available for registered charities and affiliated societies.
15. The BMI will not accept any responsibility for any articles left unattended in the building.
16. No sub-letting or hiring out to other organisations of the accommodating booked is permitted.
17. Additional facilities, e.g. visual aids, must be booked at least 14 days before the date of the meeting.
18. Catering at the Institute may only be provided by Gray Court Catering Ltd.
19. Customers are not permitted to consume their own food and drink on the premises.
The whole of the Institute is designated a "No Smoking" area.