It’s been a long few months, but finally we are back open. We are ready and raring to welcome you all once again.
During lockdown we have been busy with our preparations and developing a number of extra procedures to ensure the BMI is in the best possible condition. These procedures include:
- Only opening 5 of our largest rooms, and adjusting room capacities to allow for social distancing
- A one-way system through the building, to help ease congestion on stairways and in corridors
- Sanitiser stations located throughout the building
- Increased levels of cleaning of the building; disinfecting of all touchpoints including door handles and handrails twice a day
- Signage specifying venue- and event-specific social-distancing measures
- Daily temperature checks for all BMI Staff and Volunteers when arriving into the building
- Signing in sheets to be completed in line with Government Track & Trace system advice.
- All visitors will be expected to wear a mask (unless they have underlying health issues) whilst moving around the building. (effective Sat 8th Aug)
For any members interested in using the Library, we have added additional safety measures here too. These include:
- Reduced opening hours: 10am–3pm Monday–Friday
- Only one person allowed in the Library at one time
- Members are now required to pre-book a time slot for entry. These are timed at 30-minute intervals. To book a slot, please email email@example.com
- All books returned will be placed in a holding area for 72 hours where they will be sanitised and cleaned before being put back in circulation
- Gloves, masks and other PPE equipment is to be available to any member who requests it
This is an ongoing process and will be updated in line with Government announcements and industry best practices. Plus, if you have any suggestions as to how we can improve please get in contact.